Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

In the 60's and early 70's there were many black party store owners in the black community. When the crack epidemic hit these same party store owners began selling out to the Chaldean's. One of the reasons was they were paying in cash, it was clean and they could get out of the business. The major reason was that there was no bulletproof class in those days and many of the black storeowners were being killed at an alarming rate from armed robberies.

When the Chaldeans took over the small party/grocery store business in the city the bulletproof class began to come up at all the stores.

I believe the additional cost of the bulletproof glass security, and the long hours drove many of the black storeowners out of the business.

As much as I hate having to do business with a sheet of glass between me and the storeowner without it, you are almost playing russian roulette with your life.
    Last edited by firstandten; June-19-12 at 01:29 PM.