Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
RE: Detroit Freedom Festival

"It is one of the largest and most spectacular fire work displays in North America, lighting up the sky over Windsor and Detroit. This annual spectacle draws more than 1,000,000 to the Windsor and Detroit river fronts."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor...eedom_Festival

Please let me know when OC puts on an event of that magnitude. Until then, I can buy snakes and sparklers at my local pharmacy...
See you don't get out much... they do have the huge firewords in the suburban displays... many of the same ones that are seen in Detroit... just not in the quantity and multi-barge simultaneous shootoffs that Detroit has. There's no doubt that Detroit's blows every other one out of the water. But for a lot of folks... it's enough to see their own town fireworks shooting hundreds of feed into the air... and not deal with the traffic issues of the riverfront ones...

Maybe Detroit should start collecting a fee [[although the logistics of that are difficult).... but no suburbs are going to be sending their own policemen downtown... that's not gonna happen.

And if Detroit does cancel its' fireworks... the suburban ones will still likely be happening...