Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
Three? the bridge, the tunnel, which doesn't take trucks and what?
Obviously the Blue Water Bridge, which was twin-spanned relatively recently, has additional capacity, and is the most direct route to Canada's industrial heartland.
If you do that, you will redirect traffic to Buffalo, traffic that won't come back.
Buffalo is in the opposite direction. Why would westbound traffic from Canada go eastbound through Buffalo? There are currently no westbound capacity issues.

People in Delray are split on the bridge, and they already have problems with truck traffic. The area around the new bridge is actually one of the LEAST densely populated. got to google maps and take a look
I'm not talking about Delray, which essentially doesn't exist. I'm talking about SW, which is probably the densest and definitely the most polluted neighborhood in MI.

All the on-ramps will tear through SW, and the traffic and pollution will further the area.

What was the point of the mega-I-75 rebuilding? If we wanted another bridge, why did we just spend a half-billion to fix the access to the old one?

They just demolished like half of the original Mexicantown to supposedly fix Ambassador Bridge access. Now that they're done, and the area is an empty wasteland [[checked out the "International Visitor Center and Mercado" lately?), they're moving down to where all the Mexicans moved, to do the same thing.

Watch for Lincoln Park and environs to become Mexicantown 2030.