Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
Here's a story about three Detroit Firefighters injured today while fighting a fire on the east-side - possibly an arson. Luckily, they were not seriously injured when a staircase collapsed. A firefighter was paralyzed a few years ago.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

Don't you agree with me that today's injured must all three be residents of Detroit?

After all, resident police and firefighters care more about about other residents and they do a better job in accomplishing their duties than non-residents - or so one argument for requiring residency goes. Only a resident firefighter would risk life an health for Detroiters.
It doesn't make a difference where these firefighters live... they come to work, live in conditions that I don't think many of us would live in for the 24 hours they are working, risk their lives every shift, and hopefully go home to their families.

Walt Harris died for Detroit and I don't think he was a Detroit resident, he gave the ultimate sacrifice. The firefighter who was paralyzed in the fire a few years ago was a young man, just married, and he is now forever confined to a wheelchair, another sacrifice. He didn't live in Detroit.