Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I gotta go with Bishr Poultry on Conant & Carpenter on the Hamtramck border. We simply refer to it as "the Chicken Place" It's a little Yemeni run grocery/butcher/carry-out with a major following. The butcher supplies many different restaurants @ the metro area. The grocery features a small selection of middle eastern fare, and a full line up of spices.

The fried chicken behind the counter is fantastic. They are fresh [[slaughtered each morning on site), and 65 cents a piece, I haven't touched KFC in over a decade, only been to Chicken Shack in Hamtramck a couple times. The broasted chickens come with a lemon wedge, garlic clove and a jalapeno inside and cost $5.50. There is also a vegetable stew, vegetarian or meat, basmati or yellow rice, fish [[from the distributer across the street), lamb, samosas, chicken balls [[with vegetables rolled in), french fries, etc......

Under $5 usually gets me 4 pc chicken, rice with vegetables and a samosa. And enough for dinner.

Carry-out only, pre-order for large orders [[over 10 people), closed Friday during mosque, [[re-opens around 1pm to a large crowd). Most cooking is done on demand, [[meaning sometimes you may get there are have to wait 10 minutes for the next batch because someone just cleaned them out). Most the time I'm out in under two minutes. They are usually done cooking after 5:30-6 pm.

Oh! I must try this out very, very soon! I hate KFC... just don't like the recipe and after taste of that fast food mash. If I am going to indulge in fried once ina while I want it good and fresh!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    I gotta go with Bishr Poultry on Conant & Carpenter on the Hamtramck border. We simply refer to it as "the Chicken Place" It's a little Yemeni run grocery/butcher/carry-out with a major following. The butcher supplies many different restaurants @ the metro area. The grocery features a small selection of middle eastern fare, and a full line up of spices.

The fried chicken behind the counter is fantastic. They are fresh [[slaughtered each morning on site), and 65 cents a piece, I haven't touched KFC in over a decade, only been to Chicken Shack in Hamtramck a couple times. The broasted chickens come with a lemon wedge, garlic clove and a jalapeno inside and cost $5.50. There is also a vegetable stew, vegetarian or meat, basmati or yellow rice, fish [[from the distributer across the street), lamb, samosas, chicken balls [[with vegetables rolled in), french fries, etc......

Under $5 usually gets me 4 pc chicken, rice with vegetables and a samosa. And enough for dinner.