Quote Originally Posted by illwill View Post
As an original Ruins member and old school Detroiter I'mstarting to see a lot of newer Detroiters who aren't familiar with the historyof the city. Mainly speaking political history. I sometimes think it's a goodthing that many of the new Detroiter's aren't familiar with past politicalfigures so they're not discouraged about why Detroit has remained stagnant fordecades. But I think this is why the old timers understand that Detroit"is what it is"...and it's not going to change that much. We haveaccepted our city for what it is. Love it or hate it.

But sometimes I think the new school Detroiter's shouldunderstand the past political players and then they'll understand why so manyold school Detroiters have gotten discouraged over the years and given up. Somany Detroiters have tried to help rebuild the city for decades but it takes atoll on you in SO many different ways and many have just thrown in the toweland left the city all together. I hope the attempt sticks this time but myadvice is to accept the city for what it is.
After 63 years in Detroit this old school Detroiter threw in the towel!!!