Huh? So the City would encourage cops currently living in Detroit [[I would love to see those numbers) to move from their current residences in current neighborhoods to fancier places in fancier neighborhoods - with grant money that could be used other places?

OR the City could incentivize the cops and firemen to stay in their current homes! Of course, they may never have intended to move - but that would be free money too and no one would refuse it. I wouldn't.

This program is lame all the way around. The star player is an unmarried cop who got a huge investment made for him to live in really nice digs. He has no kids to worry about private schooling for. No wonder he made the move from his apartment downriver. It is no skin off his back and he would have been a FOOL not to take it. $160,000 in upgrades and a mortgage of only $50,000 - and surely that was greased too. If this poster child didn't have the 20% down - no matter. They needed a poster.

I would like to see if he puts down roots, brings a wife and children to this house.

And do the neighbors know that he is not allowed to take police action out of his assigned district? All he can do is get cops on the run there faster.