Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
You would think this would suddenly make Brush Park a really attractive place to live since it's right across Mack. I've been thinking for years that if I had some money to buy property it would be well used there.

Which raises the question- who owns all of the vacant lots in Brush Park? I know there was some kind of deal many years ago to buy the rotting mansions and restore them but that very few actually got restored.
Brush Park should be the most prime real estate in the city as it is walking distance to Eastern Market, Downtown, Medical Center, Wayne State... basically everything. Hopefully the last remaining historic buildings can be rehabbed and new structures can be built that reflect the character of the neighborhood. I actually like the condos in the southwest corner of the neighborhood for their scale [[three floors) and use of alley ways as new residential streets. The aesthetics might not be perfect, but what is important is the scale and how it interacts with the surrounding area. Of course, condos on Woodward make no sense because it interacts poorly, but the form and scale is a good model to use elsewhere off the main avenue.