Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post

If lake access is that important to you, moving five miles to St. Clair Shores doesn't seem unreasonable.

If there is that much demand for people from Roseville to hang out on the lake, they can team up with Eastpointe and whomever else, cough up a [[probably sizable) millage, buy a chunk of land and build their own park.

I think you'll find that most people don't care. I don't - I like the lake and all but I'm happy going to the pool. Besides, the grounds pass for the Edsel house is cheap and the views of Lake St. Clair are spectacular there - it's where I'd go if I want to hang out on the lake and don't feel like driving to Metro or Belle Isle.

So right!! But in all this there is hardly any mention especially by nain about the bigger picture the shoreline from the mouth of the river to the bridge or so. There is 8-10 miles of shoreline. Why don't you want improve the access there? The impact to the metro area would be far greater there than anywhere in the city. Also why are you not ranting about all the Oakland Co. lakes and access there? Its a very similar situation to the eastside. Hazel Park is closer to some the lakes but no crying about the lack of access there? Wouldn't access to those lakes improve your theoretical ideal city?