It seems to me that we are in a political transion in our country..and like in many transitions the concepts and approaches two parties have evolved a lot since the 1800's...however, hate is hate and it dwells in many levels and in many forms in all political parties [[so I do agree onesided finger pointing is unbalanced at times)..the question we have to ask ourselves is what are we doing to stop it in our own sphere of influence...listening to right wing or extreme left wing anarchists..can fuel either thoughtless anger or unconditional acceptance [[like some of the forum members ...ummm Randian worshippers...)

what it does to unstable minds should be left up to the Psychologists to sort out..but in reality we need to recognize that it can inflame unstable minds that really want to hear the rhetoric..in fact many of my collegues are seeing an increase of hate speech [[political) in our sessions with highly unstable people ..so please don't even try to dodge the issue that hate doesnt breed hate.