Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they got some type of homeland security grant from the feds mandating they spend it by some date. Some idiot in the office proposes this...they all get excited...and they don't bother to consider alternatives. They just need to appease someone.

This is just classic Detroit administration. Mindless, idiotic, wasteful, unjustified, and garish. Who the fuck is Daryl Lundy? Why does the CITY have a Homeland Security Department? That is a function of the federal government.

Then these city assholes wonder why the state has to come in and take over when they've been pulling this kind of garbage forever.

So when there is an emergency I can drive by Belle Isle to see what's up?

Here's a fun insider tidbit - I administer something, somewhere on Belle Isle. There is no evacuation plan for the island. There is no plan whatsoever. It is currently every man for himself. Something goes wrong? Everybody is going to get stampeded and killed trying to get over the MacArthur Bridge. You think they could start with that before their scoreboards?

Can we get some cheap plastic things to go over the streetlight utility boxes? I'd like to see them covered with grafitti and strewn across the street.

Fuck those signs and fuck Daryl Lundy. He needs to invest that money in his own protection because if I ever see him I'll stomp his stupid ass to get his life right.