Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
I know their association is quite active and if you're used to the additional annoyances of city living [[it isn't Sterling Heights, after all), which I'm sure you are, I'm sure you'd like it.

I live in East English Village for many of the same reasons [[architecture, well-maintained, active association); I thought about UD but EEV seems a bit more walkable with bars and stores and the like, and its close to the water.

Aside from greater downtown, these are the areas[[like the ones you mentioned) that will survive. I find it's also where the die-hard Detroiters end up [[the ones who refuse to move to said Sterling Heights) and defend the neighborhoods like its their young. It makes them great places to live and VERY close-knit, as a result. Over the holidays I had too many parties in the neighborhood to attend...a good problem to have!
Good to know. UD makes more sense for my situation given our commute to the western suburbs. It would be difficult for anything east of Woodward.

Living in UD, I think I would actually spend more time in Ferndale than downtown due to the fact that I could easily bike to Woodward and 9 Mile.

Overall, UD sounds like a solid neighborhood. It's on the list of places I'm looking at if I ever leave downtown.