Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: DeLaSalle Shame

Threaded View

Really ? Last I checked tuition is well over $7k per year. I didn't know that's considered realistically affordable for the "working class" even with tuition assistance.

Now, when DLS was still in Detroit on Conner across the street from the airport their was truth in that statement. The school was made up of mostly working class Catholic kids from the east side of Detroit. However, those were the days when tuition was much less expensive even when you account for inflation since the Christian Brothers made up the majority of faculty. However, DLS left Detroit 30 years ago.

For many years now, many of the fathers that send their sons there are professionals or work in well paying white collar occupations. It's not like the 1960's anymore, where a line worker at Dodge Main living at 6 Mile & Van Dyke sends his son there.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Wow, disgusting!

I like sports but they seem to bring out the worst in spectators rather than the best, more often than not...

There is a little irony here, too. Okay, DLS is a good private school but it isn't the Grosse Pointe Academy or Roeper School. It's a junky old working class Catholic school in a junky old working class suburb, to be frank. I think their air of superiority is a bit misplaced.
    Last edited by IrishSpartan; March-13-12 at 02:49 PM.