Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by dmike76 View Post
    It seems like those are the things that YOU are talking about. How do you propose that he holds parents accountable? The minute that it is suggested that the parents go to jail and get fined for their kids actions, there will be an uproar amongst parents and families that will be heard across the country. He, nor any other policitican for that matter, will get away with that.
    That why we need a mayor strong enough to stand the heat. I didn't say it would be easy. The mayor will have many forces aligned against him including the ACLU.
    A man willing to be a one term mayor like Bing said he would be might be willing to fight the good fight. Now that he said he is running for re-election he would never do what I am suggesting.

Michael Nutter of Philly has and is doing some similar things and for the most part the people love him.

At this point however I am of the mind that if parents don't parent then they need to be made to parent. Now thats doesn't mean we don't educate, but if parents aren't held accountable how can they teach accountablity to their children.

Because when people are held accountable for there actions they might not be so quick to do the things that hurts our society at large.
    Last edited by firstandten; February-28-12 at 02:02 PM. Reason: additional comments