Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

There was a bar on the corner of Faust and Plymouth Rd, just West of Southfield. I don't remember the name. There was a Dunkin Donuts to the East of it.

I have always been interested in the west side past Schaefer or Greenfield. This is a part of town that was built out mostly after 1945. Up until then most of the land was wide open and is relatively new compared to other parts of the city. The same thing can be said for the far east side north of 7 Mile. Another interesting thing to me is the fact that many streets were laid out but never had homes built as the subdivision speculators lost out when the crash hit. So for many years many barely unimproved roads stretched the grid pattern across many miles of flat former farmland. It is difficult to imagine the vast open spaces today. I to am also always searching for photos of the west side from 1925-1960 as the pattern of development of this part of the city is an interesting one to me. That FB group is full of great photos and history.

CityGirl, Google Maps lists Starter's Lounge at Plymouth and Faust. I used to go to Mr. Ted's after work, just a couple of blocks east of here.
    Last edited by 1986Tbird; February-16-12 at 09:22 AM.