Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by laphoque View Post
    Actually googling the cost of a new high school led me to a $230 million LA high school which is 10000 sq ft smaller than the new Mumford.

Looking at this random website which purports to measure the national average of new high school construction cost and assumes a 130K sq ft facility [[so multiply the totals by 1.85) it seems that the construction costs are not too far off average.

Also DPS picked one of the lowest bidders.
    You know what Detroit and California have in common besides obscenely overpriced schools? They are both terribly broke.

Just because it is a common occurance doesn't mean that it is justified or that it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    You know what Detroit and California have in common besides obscenely overpriced schools? They are both terribly broke.

Just because it is a common occurance doesn't mean that it is justified or that it makes sense.
    You misunderstand me. LA's $230 million school is ridiculously priced. The new Mumford comes in just above the national average. Seems to me like DPS did this right.