Sometimes this city amazes me. Fort Wayne has been the home of the SECOND of only two museums honoring those who fought with the Tuskegees, the other in Alabama. It has been in existence on the site since the 1960's.

What I don't understand is why there is a continual effort to split things of common interest like this up, and not trying to commonize the experience that you would get from going to visit. Fort Wayne would make a great "Military experience" site, but, during my entire 6 year tenure with the HFWC, we couldn't convince the Tuskegees to attend 1 EVENT that we held [[Not even the WWI Veterans Rememberance!!!). Imagine the additional draw [[and $$$$) that we could have COLLECTIVELY have made, but there never seemed to be any interest from their side.

In a city that barely clings to it's cultural venues [[CHW, DSC, DHS, DIA, etc.) you would think that getting together for a common purpose [[preserving these gentlemen's history, for example) would be easy.

It is anything but in this city, though……

They were, afterall, most feared by Hitler himself, having warned Goering not to engage the "schwartza vogel menchen" [[sp?) as they would be in for the fight of their lives. They deserve more and should get their due, but greater consideration should be taken then has been not to "split" the jewels.

And while they are at it, they could take a minute and move the Grant house from the former State Fair Grounds to the Fort, too. Otherwise, that structure won't be around very much longer either.

Consolidate, consolidate, consolidate……..