Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

SteveJ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Your bigotry is showing.
    No, its not showing. If you want to continue to eat that deep fried artery clogging shit where you get served behind a bullet proof window, go ahead. The anti-corportate people on this thread are the reason why Detroit is so ass backwards. Bring more locally owned bullet proof coneys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    No, its not showing. If you want to continue to eat that deep fried artery clogging shit, go ahead.
    What does artery clogging food have to do with a persons nationality?

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    What does artery clogging food have to do with a persons nationality?
    Why you know, its the chaldeans and albanians that make this stuff. You should know its better to eat carb-laden fatty breads/mac and cheese from panera, and wash it down with a $4 cafine charged coffee drink!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Why you know, its the chaldeans and albanians that make this stuff. You should know its better to eat carb-laden fatty breads/mac and cheese from panera, and wash it down with a $4 cafine charged coffee drink!
    I caught that, too. Man, it's hard for those of us who didn't win the ethnic birth lottery... now, it's the Chaldeans and Albanians' fault for Detroit not having any healthy food options? I say we invite more people from Eastern Europe and the Middle East to come here, and treat them well. I like the fact that I can get great Polish, Lebanese, and all kinds of other cuisines in my metro area.

Having said that, Panera would do well on WSU's campus if they wanted to come. There's a few vacant spaces on Cass and Anthony Wayne, and I see Timmy Ho's is opening across from Old Main. So you never know.

Default Finance it, and they will come...

Finance it, and they will come...

Qualification Criteria

Applicants must meet these criteria to gain consideration for a Panera Bread franchise:
    • Experience as a multi-unit restaurant operator
    • Recognition as a top restaurant operator
    • Net worth of $7.5 million
    • Liquid assets of $3 million
    • Infrastructure and resources to meet our development schedule
    • Real estate experience in the market to be developed
    • Total commitment to the development of the Panera Bread brand
    • Cultural fit and a passion for fresh bread

No, its not showing. If you want to continue to eat that deep fried artery clogging shit where you get served behind a bullet proof window, go ahead. The anti-corportate people on this thread are the reason why Detroit is so ass backwards. Bring more locally owned bullet proof coneys!!!
    Panera is one of the unhealthiest chains out there. On an apples-to-apples basis, it usually ranks as bad or worse than fast-food burger joints. You might as well eat a Big Mac and Large Fries.

It's also pretty medicore, IMO. Ok in a pinch when you're doing a road trip or something, but hardly a desirable choice.

And this thread is a pretty good example of why I think many folks on DYes don't actually get how cities are revitalized. They most certainly aren't revitalzed by more generic out-of-state mall chains like Panera or Cheesecake Factory.

You want to keep the money in the region, not have it sucked out to some exurban hinterland in Missouri.

Thats funny....the Coney Island I am eating at right now has no bullet proof glass between me and the workers. In fact they actually *gaps* come and serve me at an actual table where I am on a wireless network. Not bad for a Coney Island in the D that is owned by Albanians. They actually have healthy alternatives on the menu as well!