Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Sorry, but that's not the bank's fault. The banks have done a lot wrong and in some cases they are at fault in these cases.

This isn't one of them. Sick or not, you have to pay certain bills.
    Then why is it the taxpayers responsibility to bail the banks out?

It's not our fault they fell on hard times.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    Then why is it the taxpayers responsibility to bail the banks out?

It's not our fault they fell on hard times.
    Completely different situation...

Will the Henrys losing their home cause millions of people to lose their middle class jobs?

:facepalm:

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post

Will the Henrys losing their home cause millions of people to lose their middle class jobs?

Nah, I'm still not going to support a banks decision to evict someone going through hard times after they themselves were bailed out with our money.

In fact, I encourage anyone who is losing their home to a bank to trash the place the best they can while they still own it so the bank has to spend money. Strip it for scrap metal, rip out carpeting, flood the basement. It's not much, but it's a small way you can fight back.

In fact, I encourage anyone who is losing their home to a bank to trash the place the best they can while they still own it so the bank has to spend money. Strip it for scrap metal, rip out carpeting, flood the basement. It's not much, but it's a small way you can fight back.
    Yeah great idea. I'm sure all the neighbors will love it. Heaven forbid someone else just wishes to sell their house. Now that house whose value has dropped by 1/2 will have its appraised value drop by another half because you thought it was a cute idea to strip your own home.
    While you're at it why not just set it on fire? Maybe the neighbors will be lucky and some hot embers will blow on their roof and set their house on fire too. That'll show those banks!

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Yeah great idea. I'm sure all the neighbors will love it. Heaven forbid someone else just wishes to sell their house. Now that house whose value has dropped by 1/2 will have its appraised value drop by another half because you thought it was a cute idea to strip your own home.
    While you're at it why not just set it on fire? Maybe the neighbors will be lucky and some hot embers will blow on their roof and set their house on fire too. That'll show those banks!
    Well, maybe the banks shouldn't piss people off, Bank of America especially. When they failed to work with you and they have no organization even after being bailed out, people get angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    And while doing so, set the banks and weed fields [[if Southgate has any) on fire. Then we have a perfect riot!

Nah, I'm still not going to support a banks decision to evict someone going through hard times after they themselves were bailed out with our money.

Ok, then we are in agreement after all...

However, I don't support helping the Henrys while we didn't help the other millions of people who lost their home.

The only way we can help everyone equally is by going to the top and cutting off hundreds of heads, and probably repossessing any assets or money they earned on the taxpayer's backs. That SHOULD have been done in the first place, instead of giving away a blank check.

Occurrence Guest

However, I don't support helping the Henrys while we didn't help the other millions of people who lost their home.
    But who benefits from kicking someone who had a stroke out onto the streets?

But who benefits from kicking someone who had a stroke out onto the streets?
    Agreed.

But again, there are thousands, if not millions of people who don't appear in the daily newspaper who have lost their assets due to circumstances beyond their control.

My point is, I think if we're going to help The Henrys out then we should also help out all of the other people who are or have been stuck in a similar situation. It's not fair to pick and choose who we should and shouldn't help, if they need help that is...

God forbid that some of the very taxpayers that bailed them out get a break.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    God forbid that some of the very taxpayers that bailed them out get a break.
    You should probably take a moment to read my subsequent posts before responding to any of them.