Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Sears can close a K-mart in Warren but the leave the Garden City one open.
    The Garden City location will likely never close. It was the very first Kmart-ever.

Quote Originally Posted by wilderness View Post
    The Garden City location will likely never close. It was the very first Kmart-ever.
    I worked at what I thought was a closure-immune K-Mart, the Troy one. It was the closest store to the former headquarters. It closed years ago, still vacant at 15 and Livernois.

I suspect my local K-Mart will close at 10\Dequindre. It's a miserable shit-hole. The rebranded it as an "Sears Essentials" store, but have since made it back into a K-Mart.

What a failure of a company. What a huge mistake to dual-brand K-Mart stores as "Sears Essentials".

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    I worked at what I thought was a closure-immune K-Mart, the Troy one. It was the closest store to the former headquarters. It closed years ago, still vacant at 15 and Livernois.

I suspect my local K-Mart will close at 10\Dequindre. It's a miserable shit-hole. The rebranded it as an "Sears Essentials" store, but have since made it back into a K-Mart.
    About the first sentence: That store would've closed in September 2009 as there are "store closing" banners: http://g.co/maps/exbfa

And about the second one: They almost did the same thing to the Kmart at West and Allen Roads in Woodhaven about six years ago.
    Last edited by mtburb; December-27-11 at 04:45 PM.