Well I think the naysayers are all out at the malls... but I do worry about one thing...

Back when the People Mover first opened there was a stop that let you off inside the David Whitney Building [[while it was still at least partly occupied). This spurred some shops and art galleries to open up in the 4 story atrium area. Well that didn't last too long, and before the end of the century, the last of the retailers was gone. The only one there was Pure Detroit that had a tiny Woodward facing store that could be entered from the outside of the DW Building. That was when the building went empty and dark, and if I recall Pure Detroit operated with a generator in their tiny space for a while.

Now today we have issues with all the empty store fronts on Woodward between Campus Martius and GCP. I do hope that with the opening of the Broderick Tower and Whitney Buildings [[and Madison Building), that there is enough foot traffic to help the street retailers, as well as any retailers that open up in the the Whitney atrium, or off the Broderick lobby.

Also... they need to reopen the inside entrance to the People Mover....