Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I hate to say that the people who run this city don't know anything about perserving historical buildings such as libraries, schools, and such. Europe has buildings that are 400 years old and older and are still in use. Libraries such as Montieth and Mark Twain would had be preserved to their natural state and still would be in use. I would wonder what former council members such as Mel Ravitz and Maryanne Mahaffney[[ pardon the spelling) would had thought pertaining to the closing of these buildings. The city leaders only know how to eliminate and cut. They can't think of anything creative to bring revenue to the city and keep the learning institutions open.
    Its interesting I learned to read at St. Matthew's school, but learned my love of history at St.Paul's school library. I do not think anyone "learned" to read at a library but they learned about some of their passions there. I lament the passing of any library but maybe its time to take the bull by the horns and take over the Monteith and run it as a non profit and join it with the old Hosmer branch, the McGregor in Highland Park and George Lothrop Branch. You could achieve some of the goals you want and preserve neglected library branches.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; December-11-11 at 11:06 PM.