Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
See this is why we have forums. We can share opinions. Here is my opinion:

Regardless if Clarke's plan is DOA, the fact is he is the first [[I think) who has acknowledge that Detroit needs some form of bailout. Here are the facts: Bing and the council can cut all the meat off the bone and they can cut into the bone but the city will still have money problems because of Detroit's population. The city needs home owners [[tax payers) to generate revenue. The city need money outside of budgetary responsibilities for new developments, new schools, improve services like fighting crime to woo people back to Detroit.

Again, cuts will not save Detroit because there has to be money coming in to offset the cuts and the money is not coming in.
Express your opinion all you like - it doesnt change the reality that ITS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Detroit will have to find another solution other than standing there with its collective hand out begging for a handout.

The rest of the State and the Country would go apeshit crazy if we were forced to step in financially and take care of those who cannot take care of themselves. How Detroit gets out of this mess is their problem, not the rest of the country - thats my opinion.