Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    And pay those high utilities for such. Oh the horrors of it all!

When you are paying your bills with someone else's money what difference does it make how much things costs?
    Last edited by MidTownMs; November-14-11 at 11:01 AM.

Two justice systems.

One for you and me.

Another for the politically connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Two justice systems.

One for you and me.

Yup. And the funny thing is that there are still people the argue that Kwame is being unfairly beat up by "the man".

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    I would bet money that there are still people in Detroit who would vote this piece of $hit back into office if they had a chance!

I've seen comments like this posted far too many times to not wonder about the point you're trying to make. That Detroiters are stupid? Some thinly veiled racial insinuation?

Fact is, with all his legal woes, it's doubtful KK will ever be in any position to run for anything. So what's the point of insulting Detroit voters? It's just as reasonable to believe they're even more sick and tired of the corrupt shenanigans than you are. After all, they're the one's being victimized AND paying for it, both financially and as your suggestion indicates, by having the city's image/reputation tarnished.

I personally believe they've suffered enough and don't deserve the additional grief. The rest of your points were spot on so you might consider giving the extraneous BS a rest.

On the contrary< BopCity - KK himself has said very recently that if he ran for Mayor of Detroit right now he would be elected. Further, many people who bought his book have been quoted in news articles that he was the "best mayor" and that they would viote for him again. Just the fact that he was able to arrange for a book-signing and promotion for his self-defensive and self-aggrandizing book in the Detroit Main Library's Author's Series [[usually reserved for serious authors and serious books) tells me that he has a lot of following in Detroit - and not just among the pl;ain-old residents, but also among a select group of leadership and decision-makers who long for his return. I think it was Detroitnerd who labeled those folks as the soldiers hidden inside that Trojan Horse that Dave Bing appears to be [[I hope I have it right, because that was one brilliant literary allusion).

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    he has a lot of following in Detroit - and not just among the pl;ain-old residents, but also among a select group of leadership and decision-makers who long for his return. I think it was Detroitnerd who labeled those folks as the soldiers hidden inside that Trojan Horse that Dave Bing appears to be [[I hope I have it right, because that was one brilliant literary allusion).
    Awww, thanks, SWMAP. Yeah, I believe that many in the same-old-stuff crowd rode into City Hall again inside the Bing candidacy ...

On the contrary< BopCity - KK himself has said very recently that if he ran for Mayor of Detroit right now he would be elected.
    KK's said a lot of things, hasn't he?

A few years back I saw someone in the 36th District Court wearing a "I'm a playa like the mayor" t-shirt but I seriously doubt the majority of Detroit's voters share that sentiment.

Fact is he's legally forbidden to run in the near future and facing a mountain of serious federal charges; by the time his legal situation is resolved Detroit will have moved on. Speculating on whether Detroiters would ever re-elect him seems irrelevant and can't be proven either way. So why bother mentioning it?

Back on topic, shouldn't someone be investigating whether he actually warrants a court-appointed legal team?

What, That thug is out of prison is still living the pimp life. He probably got some money out of mysterious gift or his book. Other critics said that his wife is paying for the house and giving him a money ni the process.

Speculating on whether Detroiters would ever re-elect him seems irrelevant and can't be proven either way. So why bother mentioning it

I think it is very worth worrying about. KK has said recently that he wants to have a hand in Detroit's future. He wants to help Detroit's youth, he says.

I for one do worry that he is laying groundwork to be a power player in Detroit again. He can be the power behind a throne. Say for example, Charlie Pugh - a weak link if there ever was one and so full of ambition to feed at the public trough that he might be ripe for picking.

I believe that KK will be back. This City is the one he believes that he was destined to rule.
    Last edited by SWMAP; November-14-11 at 02:19 PM.

Has it been established who owns the publisher behind the book's release? How much responsibility do they have regarding diverting profits to the restitution?
    And isn't Kilpatrick claiming indigence, trying to get court-appointed defense attorneys?

Quote Originally Posted by bopcity View Post

I've seen comments like this posted far too many times to not wonder about the point you're trying to make. That Detroiters are stupid? Some thinly veiled racial insinuation?

Fact is, with all his legal woes, it's doubtful KK will ever be in any position to run for anything. So what's the point of insulting Detroit voters? It's just as reasonable to believe they're even more sick and tired of the corrupt shenanigans than you are. After all, they're the one's being victimized AND paying for it, both financially and as your suggestion indicates, by having the city's image/reputation tarnished.

I personally believe they've suffered enough and don't deserve the additional grief. The rest of your points were spot on so you might consider giving the extraneous BS a rest.
    Didn't know you are the one to appoint victims in and of Kwame's tenure.

Apparently suburbanites have it much better now after Kwame's pay to play policies shut the door on investment for 6 years in the CoD. It's not like suburbanites who commute have to pay city taxes on their income either, right? And thanks for reminding me that out-of-staters are fully cognizant of my suburban buffer from Detroits political woes and rampant corruption. Because they always say to me "Hey you're not from Detroit, you're from metropolitan Detroit - Big Difference!"

Detroiters shouldn't hog all the victimhood, it's not polite.

Let Kwame have his house, let him enjoy life because come Sept 2012 I'm betting he is going to get his world rocked big time once the Federal case runs its course. Realistically the city of Detroit will only get a fraction of the judgement he owes. He is going to cry broke while having some money [[ I bet a LARGE amount of money) stashed with either someone the Feds know nothing about or some offshore account. I bet he gets so much time even the Kwame haters will feel sorry for him.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Let Kwame have his house, let him enjoy life because come Sept 2012 I'm betting he is going to get his world rocked big time once the Federal case runs its course. Realistically the city of Detroit will only get a fraction of the judgement he owes. He is going to cry broke while having some money [[ I bet a LARGE amount of money) stashed with either someone the Feds know nothing about or some offshore account. I bet he gets so much time even the Kwame haters will feel sorry for him.
    I kind of feel the same way. I think people will be stunned. And he keeps making it worse with this crap. I say don't waste the resources now in hauling back to jail. Just throw whatever he's doing now on top of what is coming next September. He is either insufferably arrogant, does not see it, doesn't care, or is too stupid to know what he's facing. I'm guessing it is a mix of all four.

Detroit News: Former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick defended leasing a 5,000-square-foot home that is larger and more expensive than his last rental, saying his costs have declined...

The assertion that we moved into a 'much more expensive home' is also false," Kilpatrick said. "It's true that the home is bigger, but our cost [sic] have slightly improved, and we are working to reduce them even further..."

"By the grace of God, the compulsory move did not force our children out of their current schools and neighborhood environment," Kilpatrick said.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20111...to-larger-home

Ah yes, Bing as 'Trojan Horse' full of KK remaining mess was excellent and spot on. And yes, there are some who still don't get it, are still not so distracted in or engaged [[depending on how you look at it) with the added difficulty of living in this town post KK, ala Bing, who'd STILL vote for KK as a protest vote if nothing more... a protest to the powers they claim that 'brought' KK down. SAWING THE VERY LEGS OFF THE CHAIR THEY SIT UPON!!!

Crazy I know. I'd not be named among them. I voted for him the first time BUT NOT THE SECOND!
    ...He would be elected. Further, many people who bought his book have been quoted in news articles that he was the "best mayor" and that they would viote for him again. Just the fact that he was able to arrange for a book-signing and promotion for his self-defensive and self-aggrandizing book in the Detroit Main Library's Author's Series [[usually reserved for serious authors and serious books) tells me that he has a lot of following in Detroit - and not just among the pl;ain-old residents, but also among a select group of leadership and decision-makers who long for his return. I think it was Detroitnerd who labeled those folks as the soldiers hidden inside that Trojan Horse that Dave Bing appears to be [[I hope I have it right, because that was one brilliant literary allusion).
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-15-11 at 06:44 AM.

Yeah, even the 'sentiment' of routing for 'yall's boy' gets old when you have escalating insurance rates, cuts in entitlement spending [[welfare and food stamps), unemployment, no street lights, murder and breakin' and enterings daily, no buses, closing schools, et al staring you in the face daily! Even the deep dish supporters [[especially the rank and file, not so insulated from the daily strife as the elite) have other things on a shrinking plate to contend with!!

I mean what has KK done for [[them) Detroiters 'lately' even at the waning 'perceived' level? Getting pretty thin, it will, if not already!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bopcity View Post
    A few years back I saw someone in the 36th District Court wearing a "I'm a playa like the mayor" t-shirt but I seriously doubt the majority of Detroit's voters share that sentiment

Ick! Destined to 'rule'! Let me out of here!

And yeah Pugh is obviously weak for the lure of the 'bling'! You know, the standard way to obtain it - the pattern continues....

Can we say 'corrupt'?

I believe that KK will be back. This City is the one he believes that he was destined to rule.

That's right. Democrats included as we have observed and lived under.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Two justice systems.

One for you and me.

How does one go about getting such offers to magically fall from the sky? Hard to believe the importance of tone has yet to penetrate the mindset of KK and his hack attorney, continuing to antagonize the public and rattle the prosecution's cage tends to have consequences.

> Kilpatrick attorney Daniel Hajji said: "So what if it's bigger? Tomorrow, if he gets an offer to live in the Taj Mahal for the same amount of rent, he would be foolish not to take it," Hajji said. "This is a family of five. Where do you expect him to live?"

Kilpatrick's new home raises questions about whether taxpayers should continue paying for the lawyers defending him against corruption charges.

James Thomas, one of the court-appointed lawyers defending him in the federal case, said Kilpatrick's financial circumstances have changed: Kilpatrick is no longer imprisoned and is making some money on the lecture circuit, though Thomas said, "It is by no means lucrative."

http://www.freep.com/article/20111115/NEWS05/111150380/Kwame-Kilpatrick-s-new-home-bigger-than-Manoogian-Mansion?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

WOW!!! so much hatred for a perjurer. If yall have not noticed KK has been out of office for 3+ years. KK moved to the other side of the country. He lives in a nice house SO WHAT. He's paying his obligation, he has actually paid more in restitution than any other Michigander in History already. He would be probably close to paying it all off if he hadnt gone to jail for getting a LOAN. The funny thing about all of this is it ALL started off of a RUMORED LIE. Its also funny how you haters always side step the Fact that the bigger crime in all this is the EXTORTION/BLACKMAIL Gary Brown, Herold Nelthrop and Stefani did. THEY extorted MILLIONS of dollars from this city and yall MORE concerened about where KK lives when one of the biggest Criminals that ever hit this city is on City Coucil. Since the MEDIA has ignored this FACT let me break it down for you HATERS. GB & Stefani knew there case was week and needed some insurance so they ILLEGALLY supoenaed KK's Text Messages so in the event they was going to loose the case or in the even they won the case they could get even more money. To their surprise they won the case.[[Not due to FACTS but do to the ongoing Rumor) so KK vowed to appeal. they said you not appealing nothing if you dont want these text messages to get out showing you cheated on your wife [[Blackmail). settle this case for 2.4 MORE million than we won and we will keep this secret [[EXTORTION) however Stefani had already cut a deal w/ the freep and gave them the messages PRIOR to them approaching KK and told them to hold off on them until they got they money. you all know the rest. SMH and yall worried about 1mill and where he lives etc. when this city got extorted for Millions of Dollars and their "secret Agreement" stated if it gets out they have to give the money back. So much Blind Hatred this region is pathetic. Still Stalking the former mayor like Scorn Bitches. Fuck Yall. the county is going through a huge scandal right now and not once have they shown Ficano's house, Mullens House etc, etc, etc. Our CURRENT Mayor CURRENTLY owes the Detroit Pension Board over 2Mill, our CURRENT Mayor has 2 whistleblower suits filed against him. Our Current Mayor is not doing anything. WTF is yall's facination W/ KK about??? Yeah he's done some wrong things and broke some laws. but this constant Lynching is un called for, and yall wonder why we cant get along in this region. cause yall full of shit. thats why.

313zero,

That is perhaps the funniest thing I've read on this forum. Some might call it sad, since you are SO thick with your OWN hatred that you cannot see the truth. Nobody is giving the current mayor or the county executive a pass on their bad deeds.

And nobody in their right minds with an active conscience/soul will let the previous mayor get away with his crimes...exacerbated by the total abject abuse of power he and his family perpetrated while they were in power.

Are you one of the fabled 175 who met in those last dark weeks at Cobo Hall?! If so, you are on the stalking list, too. Good luck with that...

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; November-15-11 at 11:03 AM.

^^^^ You can't pay for stronger KK defense for some! Heck I voted for KK the first time! I am sure this poster wrote it all for free!! Including the curse-outs to all so not inclined! LOL!! I do agree with him that KK is not the only one corrupt [[though he may be the most exaggerated in style and profile). This ia a corruption syndicate-with deep roots of justification! ROTFL! And let's not forget the Bing Trojan horse full of 'mess' and owings... it will be interesting how that mess will fall out - indeed. Maybe they will show Bing and others houses on the news in the end!

Not a KK person, but frankly, I did not care for the media showing the homes [[AND ADDRESSES) of some of the KK fund contributors. With robberies and break-ins as they are here in Detroit, I felt that was out of order.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-15-11 at 11:14 AM.

KING KWAME is going to throw is house warming party. A stripper party and everyone's invited except the kids.

Hey, 313hero is back !
    A couple of points:
    1. As of today there is nothing to prevent KMK from running for office after October or November 2013, although that is likely to change after the pending indictment is resolved through a plea deal of a jury finding of guilty.
    2.There are other crooked politicians in our area of various backgrounds.
    3. Loved the report of the "I'm a playa like the mayor" t-shirt.
    4. Only a very small % of Detroit residents would ever vote for KMK for mayor again. I agree that generalizing Detroiters' opinions from those expressed by 313hero and others is wrong, angry and racist stereotyping.

Not a KK person, but frankly, I did not care for the media showing the homes [[AND ADDRESSES) of some of the KK fund contributors. With robberies and break-ins as they are here in Detroit, I felt that was out of order.[/QUOTE]

I was one of those contributors. They showed my full name, Address and my actuall house on the news over a $50 money order.

The funny thing I see about yall is yall STILL to this day and after my post acknowledge that Gary Brown and Stefani EXTORTED that Money. SMH Hatred is a mutha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast