Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupy Detroit

PROLETARIAT NEWS!

My Comrades! The Detroit City Government wants us to move out of Grand Circus Park so they can make room and prevent obstruction of justice of their beloved Thanksgiving parade. We must find a way to stay occupied in Downtown Detroit without disturbing the peace of other people. We will fight the system tooth and nail to lay claim on any public areas. We will fight this battle together for occupation. And once we stay in Grand Circus Park will not be moved until the voice of people say we can move. The war against corporate greed and government has just begun my brothers and sisters. We ready to die or go to jail for our constitution right. Freedom is coming soon, until we get it, the power of the people of the 99 Percent must endure the struggles of any enviroment and any police force those powers that be tried to throw at us. One day my Comrades! The 99 Percenters will free the world from the poisons of global corruption. We shall reconstruct the all the nations of the world to our rule. Education, universal health care, represetative taxation, controlled natural enviroment, a very healthy people's government and plenty of food will be available for everyone. Greed will be thoughtcrime punishable by re-education. Our free world awaits us, brothers and sisters let us go and bring solidarity to all mankind.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

For the 99 Percenters and the Spirit of Guy Fawkes.

Neda, I miss you so.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    PROLETARIAT NEWS! ... Greed will be thoughtcrime punishable by re-education. Our free world awaits us, brothers and sisters let us go and bring solidarity to all mankind.
    What absolute nonsense. I would NOT want to live in a world where a human emotion of any kind was a crime. "Thoughcrime?" - sound like some nightmare 1984 scenario. You can keep your "utopian" world, Danny. I want nothing to do with it and neither, I suspect, do 99% of the ACTUAL people in this city

Hey DANNY...this "99 Percenter" voice says to get your ass out of the park and don't ruin a simple parade for a thousand kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    Hey DANNY...this "99 Percenter" voice says to get your ass out of the park and don't ruin a simple parade for a thousand kids.
    I was there, Trumpeteer. I am with the 99% in solidarity movements with the other occupiers. You just have to find me. I am with their cause for proletarian freedom and justice. Just look for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    How does some people camping in a park RUIIIN a parade for a thousand kids? It is a good opportunity for the parents of these children to tell them why the park is being occupied. =)

Never mind, go play now.

Don't stop at the park, Occupy the Parade! Imagine a float of Occupiers. It can be done!

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Don't stop at the park, Occupy the Parade! Imagine a float of Occupiers. It can be done!
    Great idea! They could be called Occupy FLOATERS and since they'd be in constant movement they wouldn't get arrested for loitering! Danny could drive the tractor and call it the Proleteriat!

I saw the following on the link from post #340 of this thread.

"Now is the time to say no more! Now is the time to demand the cancellation of student debt for all current and former students!"

I don't understand this. My three kids are all going to college and working, one at Wayne State, two at Macomb Community College. It's going to take them forever but at least they won't have that debt. I am fortunate enough to be able to throw some money their way. Since when did going to college become a right?

I hope DPD remove the protestors with a little bit of zeal tonight at midnight.

"Greed will be thoughtcrime punishable by re-education"

Thank you for putting it out there for everyone to see conrad.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary View Post
    I don't understand this. My three kids are all going to college and working, one at Wayne State, two at Macomb Community College. It's going to take them forever but at least they won't have that debt.
    You say this, which is fine, then you hit us with this...

I am fortunate enough to be able to throw some money their way.
    What you fail to understand is the majority of college students' mommys and daddys aren't "able to throw *SOME* money their way." I'm very much certain if you weren't "able to throw *SOME* moeny their way" that your kids would be in the same position of thousands of other kids and you wouldn't be singing the same tune. Fact of the matter is the days of being able to work a job and pay for college in this day and age without any assistance is long gone. Whoever suggests this as a plausible solution isn't living in reality or 2011.
    Last edited by 313WX; November-13-11 at 10:15 AM.

I hate Occupy Detroit. They should Occupy each other's asses.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    You say this, which is fine, then you hit us with this...
    What you fail to understand is the majority of college students' mommys and daddys aren't "able to throw *SOME* money their way." I'm very much certain if you weren't "able to throw *SOME* moeny their way" that your kids would be in the same position of thousands of other kids and you wouldn't be singing the same tune. Fact of the matter is the days of being able to work a job and pay for college in this day and age without any assistance is long gone. Whoever suggests this as a plausible solution isn't living in reality or 2011.
    No one says you have to go to college.....there are dozens of jobs that pay into the 6 figures without a major college degree. My daughter is one of them who has a Associates degree from MCCC and is making well into the 6 figures. A friend of mine with no degree makes nearly $70K on Ebay...... Can't afford college, find another way to make a living. I made a fantastic living in a white collar job at GM without a degree. Spare me the Poor me I can't afford my college tuition.....can't aford it A. Try something else, B. Pay it back if you got a loan.
    Sorry you want Sympathy its is in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    No one says you have to go to college.....there are dozens of jobs that pay into the 6 figures without a major college degree. My daughter is one of them who has a Associates degree from MCCC and is making well into the 6 figures. A friend of mine with no degree makes nearly $70K on Ebay...... Can't afford college, find another way to make a living. I made a fantastic living in a white collar job at GM without a degree. Spare me the Poor me I can't afford my college tuition.....can't aford it A. Try something else, B. Pay it back if you got a loan.
    Sorry you want Sympathy its is in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.
    Name one person YOU know [[not someone you heard about in a news article) that makes 6 figures WITHOUT ANY type of college degree?

And yeah, you can make a great living these days by taking a $15/hr job at GM. Talk about living the life of The Clampetts.

I saw the following on the link from post #340 of this thread.

"Now is the time to say no more! Now is the time to demand the cancellation of student debt for all current and former students!"

I don't understand this. My three kids are all going to college and working, one at Wayne State, two at Macomb Community College. It's going to take them forever but at least they won't have that debt. I am fortunate enough to be able to throw some money their way. Since when did going to college become a right?
    This was the one thing I didn't really agree with. I knowingly accepted my student loan debt. It sucks. I am completely saddled with it and often struggle to find a way to get ahead but I do have qualifications to work in two different fields now. The thing that this statement comes from is that Occupy-ers feel that education should be a basic right and we should be able to pursue an education and not come out shackled by debt. However, the statement often comes across as 'whiny bitches not wanting to pay their debt back'.

SeaRay215- that's nice you make enough money to live comfortably. But some and most places do in fact require a BS degree. And believe it or not, and most would disagree, but some people just get a BS to get a more "complete" education. In the field I am now in, nursing, if I only had an associates degree it would be impossible to move up in the nursing field to manager status and also most hospitals want their nurses to be BS complete nurses because it shows that the person was able to achieve a level education to properly critically think in the job field. You can chew that one back n forth if you want but if that's what the job givers want that's what the job seekers need!
    Last edited by adamjab19; November-13-11 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Planner3357 View Post
    I hate Occupy Detroit. They should Occupy each other's asses.
    I'm trying to avoid visualizing how that would work.

Name one person YOU know [[not someone you heard about in a news article) that makes 6 figures WITHOUT ANY type of college degree?

And yeah, you can make a great living these days by taking a $15/hr job at GM. Talk about living the life of The Clampetts.
    Yes I do personally know of 2 people who make that without a degree from a 4 year college and if you have the right skills, again without a 4 year degree you can still make that at GM.
    I am not talking about the line workers. I was a design leader there and worked with a few that had no 4 year degrees making over 6 figures.
    Heck mechanics at Ford dealers, if they know transmission can make that, my ex son in law makes that at a dealer....NO DEGREE.

Yes I do personally know of 2 people who make that without a degree from a 4 year college and if you have the right skills, again without a 4 year degree you can still make that at GM.
    I am not talking about the line workers. I was a design leader there and worked with a few that had no 4 year degrees making over 6 figures.
    Heck mechanics at Ford dealers, if they know transmission can make that, my ex son in law makes that at a dealer....NO DEGREE.
    I didn't say people who don't have 4 year degrees, I said people who don't have ANY degrees [[including associate degrees and no college or vocational education what so ever).

I didn't say people who don't have 4 year degrees, I said people who don't have ANY degrees [[including associate degrees and no college or vocational education what so ever).
    Now your getting nit picky....the whole point was these people who got loans to go 4 year colleges now want to have a free ride. When they could have gone to a community college and worked and not had any debt...... And as I said, you don't need one....and yes a freind of mine who had no degree and I had no degree and made that kind of money.
    Just in case you missed it in my other post, another freind of mine makes $70K part time on Ebay, not bad........you have to want to make in life. There are NO FREE Rides in life.....and shouldn't be!!!

Now your getting nit picky....the whole point was these people who got loans to go 4 year colleges now want to have a free ride. When they could have gone to a community college and worked and not had any debt...... And as I said, you don't need one....and yes a freind of mine who had no degree and I had no degree and made that kind of money.
    No one's want a free ride.

I'll make this short.

The Occupy Wall Street protestors aren't protesting because they're lazy bums who want to leech off the system. They're protesting because their opportunities have been decimated by a select few at the very top of the income bracket, business owners and politicians alike, through free trade legislation, laxed immigration regulation and the blatant neglect in basic infrastructure investment. I would be even more afraid if they would just lay down and take what's happening to them.

I see your point but it's not as if they're going away to some ivy league school. And I'm only helping them with it some of the time. They buy their own books. The whole college thing has become a racket.

I see your point but it's not as if they're going away to some ivy league school. And I'm only helping them with it some of the time. They buy their own books. The whole college thing has become a racket.
    I am not attending a freaking Ivy League school. I am attending WSU, and I did take my core classes at a community college. It still doesn't change the fact that even public schools are incredibly expensive compared to what they were, and it still doesn't change the fact that I have to take out student loans to help pay my bills and buy my books. Not every one has parents to help them out with books or food. I DO work part-time because no one will hire me full-time and I DO get a ton of money in scholarships, but I still come up short even though I live in one of the crappiest studio apartments that I could find. I never go out to eat, nor do I drink or party like you all seem to think. When you have to pay so much for tuition and books, you have no choice. You just have no idea, and I am tired of trying to explain this to people like you.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast