I'll check ABC, too, even though I am not a good negotiator! I got ripped off by them [[in Flint) 15 years ago on a microwave and haven't been back since. I saw the same model on the floor at Best Buy the same week for $50 cheaper after the guy made me feel like a jerk for asking if he could do better on it...
Quote Originally Posted by msamslex View Post
I was looking for a new washer several years ago and went to ABC warehouse The washer in the ad was at a good price. I asked about the washer and was told they had none in stock and they showed me another one, less features, very basic, cheaper price. Not what I wanted at all. I thought bait and switch, so I left the store. Also no salesperson ever came back to check to see if I had any questions or was ready to make a purchase. I went to Adray's [[which sadly is now closed), got good customer service and the washer I wanted at a fair price within my budget. Delivery and hook up of the new washer went smoothly, old one was removed, no problem.

Another time I went to ABC warehouse for a simple radio. Took about 20 minutes for someone to finally come and ask if I needed help. I couldn't find the radios at first, they were on some bottom shelf and weren't visable right off the bat. I told the salesperson what I was looking for and once he found out all I wanted was a radio, he pointed them out and walked away. I guess since I wasn't buying an expensive appliance, he couldn't be bothered. I left.

I have also boycotted ABC Warehouse for the past fifteen years for the same reasons quoted above. Just a week ago, I called them about having a car stereo installed. I was transferred between stores, disconnected twice, and got a twenty something idiot installer that said the "Free" installation would cost $70 - $100 and he would have to take the whole dashboard off. I checked the Chilton's manual for the car, which said to slide out the ashtray, remove three screws from underneath and slide out the stereo!
I called him back and told him about what I found, and he told me to drive 30 miles to the store for him to "look" at it.

They've lost me as a customer for at least another 15 years.

I've used Mickey Shorr in the past, that has also padded the "Free" installation with extra hidden fee's, but I'll try them again if somebody has had a good experience with them recently.