Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    I provided some historical facts to counter your assertions and kept my personal feelings out of my post. Apparently, you find it easier to just assign dark motives and labels on others instead of trying to defend your statements.
    Oh, my, what fun you are. I'm definitely inviting you to my next party because I'm sure you're full of laughs.

Frankly, I never saw anybody so fixated on one issue as you, Mikeg. It gets tiresome. And, yes, at the end of a long day, I'd rather inject a bit of levity and let it alone before it turns into another drawn-out, day-after-day slog through your personal campaign against city water. WE ALL KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BY NOW. Just have an effin laugh and move on, OK? [rolls eyes]

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Oh, my, what fun you are. I'm definitely inviting you to my next party because I'm sure you're full of laughs.

Frankly, I never saw anybody so fixated on one issue as you, Mikeg. It gets tiresome. And, yes, at the end of a long day, I'd rather inject a bit of levity and let it alone before it turns into another drawn-out, day-after-day slog through your personal campaign against city water. WE ALL KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BY NOW. Just have an effin laugh and move on, OK? [rolls eyes]
    When did my alleged antipathies and fixations become the subject of this thread? Do you really think anyone clicking on this thread really cares about your opinions of me and my ability - or lack thereof - to liven up a party? To borrow an over-used catch-phrase, "What a pity all wisdom must die with you." If you find my postings tiresome, there's a very simple solution: use the "ignore list" function!

I do wonder what happened between the 1890s and the 1920s. Or maybe it's the particular area or the constitution of the particular state. But it seems to me that the 1890s were a time when cities willingly united as supercities, such as New York in 1898, whereas Novine's recap shows instance after instance of defensive incorporation, not just to keep "the city" at bay, but to keep other suburbs at bay. Or was it just the regional geography, with all that land surrounding the city to be gobbled up?