Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    No, he missed the nail and his thumb next to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 313WX
    You probably insulted and/or infuriated a lot of people with that particular post...
    After reading your previous post, I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    You know just because he got under peoples skin doesn't make him right. While I agree with some of what he is saying I wouldn't consider the place a "shithole." Just shows me that someone or something got under his skin.

You should really get off the dude's d&ck, mkay?

Respecting the fact that you are new here, for the most part, Livonia is totally unfairly and absolutely bombed on this site.
    Livonians have not forgotten what happened to them during the war. http://www.detroityes.com/war.htm This is their revenge. They are capable of anything, including poaching employers from other suburbs. That office space should have remained empty. We never should have pulled our troops out. There is good intelligence that they are seeking to purchase tax credits in Niger. We need to re-invade.

bartock Guest

What in my previous post allows you to"rest" your "case"?

What in my previous post allows you to"rest" your "case"?
    His post insulted AND infuriated you apparently. That doesn't mean he wasn't right however. The truth does hurt.

It's pretty safe to say that Livonia and Novi are relative shitholes to anyone outside of Metro Detroit. Every city has them and every city knows what they offer [[bland cookie-cutter suburbs filled with McMansions, huge traffic-congested roads and big box stores, which were badly zoned out when replacing the forest and/or farm that was previously there). No one really cares about them and what they offer because what they are and what they offer isn't anything special.

However, every city doesn't have a Magnificant Mile or a Time Square or a Rodeo Drive for example.
    Last edited by 313WX; October-27-11 at 08:19 AM.

bartock Guest

His post insulted AND infuriated you apparently. That doesn't mean he wasn't right however. The truth does hurt.

It's pretty safe to say that Livonia and Novi are relative shitholes to anyone outside of Metro Detroit. Every city has them and every city knows what they offer [[bland cookie-cutter suburbs filled with McMansions, huge traffic-congested roads and big box stores, which were badly zoned out when replacing the forest and/or farm that was previously there). No one really cares about them and what they offer because what they are and what they offer isn't anything special.

However, every city doesn't have a Magnificant Mile or a Time Square or a Rodeo Drive for example.
    Actually, he included Detroit as well. Read the post again.

Insulted and infuriated? Hardly, it is just a tired subject shit-canning everything in this region.

I agree with you that our bland-ish suburbs are "relative shitholes" to anyone outside of Metro Detroit, just as other big cities' suburbs are to us. But our suburbs shouldn't be shitholes to US. When we are calling everything we live in and everything surrounding what we live in a "shithole" then what's the point? DetroitNo!

Point 1: This places the office campuses close to the hospital thus reducing the mileage necessary for coordinating visits during the day. Good for the company and good [[slightly) for the environment.

Point 2: Livonia [[and Warren) were developed after the war due to a housing and land shortage in Detroit proper. Returning servicemen and young war industry workers who were or who got married were tired of living in their old bedroom at home and didn't want to live in the upstairs of an income flat. All of those little 1000-1300 sq ft ranch houses [[little houses made of ticky-tacky) looked awfully damn good to them. They would accept the trade-off of "bland" since they weren't "super-cool".

DetroitPole Guest

Phew, at least I'm not the only one. Thanks 313.

DetroitPole Guest

Oh, fuck you like I'm really ready to "go postal" over Livonia. I could give a shit. Fact is that it gets the label of everything white, fleeing, racist and wrong about this area from the likes of you and others, so I was simply stating facts.

You are right, though, you can't get to any of those areas...even Detroit, as you pointed out [[though I think someone missed)....without driving.

You don't have to be a cheerleader for the area, but aside from perhaps a couple of nice things to say about EEV, you hate this place.

Agree with Brush on the positives of this. Novi, despite the general blah-ness that gets understandably highlighted on this particular forum, is desireable to a lot of people and is WAY more likely to find suitors for the empty office space than Livonia was. Shit I live in a similarly bland area now due to personal family reasons over being cool or hating every one. Who'd of thunk I'd love the area I live in because I brought those I love with me. I'm such a shill, I know.
    Knew I'd hit a nerve! Sorry to hear you live someplace sucky, sweetheart. I couldn't make sense of the rest of that tirade.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    Knew I'd hit a nerve! Sorry to hear you live someplace sucky, sweetheart. I couldn't make sense of the rest of that tirade.
    Oh, you didn't hit a nerve. I say fuck you to a lot of people.

And I don't give a shit about Livonia.

And of course you made sense of the rest of it because you aren't stupid.

I love where I live, for the reason I stated. Guess I'm secure enough that I don't feel the need to use the neighborhoods I've lived in or live in as some sort of badge of honor.

Have a terrific day, honey.

Those little Livonia shitboxes sold for an average $111,000 in the last year, and the average soulless McMansion in Novi sold for an average $292,000. What idiot pays that much just to get low crime, good schools, nice neighborhoods and convenient shopping when the average house in Detroit is under $10,000?

DetroitPole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    Those little Livonia shitboxes sold for an average $111,000 in the last year, and the average soulless McMansion in Novi sold for an average $292,000. What idiot pays that much just to get low crime, good schools, nice neighborhoods and convenient shopping when the average house in Detroit is under $10,000?
    You want to talk desirability? 292k won't buy you a closet in NYC or London. Maybe because people would rather live in a walkable, vibrant urban environment than pretend they're some kind of land baron in the shitfields of Novi in some paper-mache shanty.

Notice I am not championing Detroit in my posts - which is what you guys always fall back on: "lolz then why iz a house in detroit 10k when my house in livonia was 90k and we have streetlights!rofl" Because Detroit has serious problems, duh. I live here not as some badge of courage [[another fallback) but because it is the closest thing we have by a longshot in this entire state to a real, big, urban city.

Having to drive to the mailbox, corner store, and literally everywhere doesn't fit my definition of convenient.

If anyone from Trintiy Health's management reads this thread, they're probably thinking, "What the hell are all these people talking about? The landlord in Livonia offered us a better rate than we were getting in Novi and FH, so we moved! End of story!"

I highly doubt it ever occurred to them that they were moving closer to the "urban core" or that someone would view this as Livonia "poaching" jobs from a neighboring city.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    If anyone from Trintiy Health's management reads this thread, they're probably thinking, "What the hell are all these people talking about? The landlord in Livonia offered us a better rate than we were getting in Novi and FH, so we moved! End of story!"

I highly doubt it ever occurred to them that they were moving closer to the "urban core" or that someone would view this as Livonia "poaching" jobs from a neighboring city.
    This.

You guys give it a rest already.

Actually, he included Detroit as well. Read the post again.
    I know *she?* did, *she?* was speaking about Metro Detroit in general, and I still completely agree with what *she?* says.
    Last edited by 313WX; October-27-11 at 08:44 PM.

This place is a snake pit, good god. It's doesn't reflect well on the metro, at all, but maybe it's actually what the metro is really like, now: a bunch of bitter, hyper-frustrated losers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2