Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Occupy Detroit

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Who cares if the banks screw us. These people feeding and clothing homeless people in the park have got to GO!

Get your priorities straight!
    So, again, it's a more relativist logic we're using here? these are just "little" laws and the juice used with the local constabulary is for the "right" issues? Look, all I am confused about is why the rules don't apply to occupy detroit? What other rules won't apply to this protest? I understand it's a minor point. But it would appear that "following the rules" and keeping special interests from influencing government are some pretty big issues in these demostrations. Openly flouting the law and then using pull with the government to get special favors seems to be a weird place to start.

It's great they're handing out food, but, are you telling me it would be impossible to accomplish the same thing from a warehouse on Bagely? or over near the Packard Plant. or anywhere else in the city? Why must they take over a park? What gives them the right to make it off limits to any other use for the next two months...or however long they plan on staying?

and orf, why don't you pull that giant stick out of your ass. The occupy folks could use the fire wood.
    Last edited by bailey; October-19-11 at 11:51 AM.