Quote Originally Posted by Brock7 View Post
Does anybody have an address or photo of the Hinz building? It was built by Raseman in 1908 - same year the Alt Heidelberg was completed. The only building associated with the name Hinz I can find is a "3 story brick building on lots 57 and 58 of section 9 Govenor and Judges' plan which faces on the west side of Randolph which together with lot 59 form the block between Centre and Gratiot on west side of Randolph".

Here it is - "Hinz" is carved at the top of the building. Built for Herman A. Hinz. The only other mention I can find of him is in a 1899 Common Council list of persons have filed their indemnity bonds for trafficking in liquor. Joseph H. Lume is also named, so I guess Hinz was a restauranteur or brewer.
I had started searching earlier and just came up with this information from the 1910 Detroit Directory and the old-to-new address for that location from the 1920 Detroit Directory. It confirms that Herman A. Hinz was a restauranteur and proprietor of "Hinz Hall" at 75 Gratiot [[later 287 Gratiot).