Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
Your "Money talks, bullshit walks" statement does not apply in this situation and you need to be educated on the facts.

Someone really needs to teach the city government and the public how these tax credits work and how much potential money there is available for re-development. These public officials travel all across the world to conferences and bring back nothing for the city. It seems that not one of them has learned about the money that is available and in turn goes unused every year.
I predict that after the city of Detroit is completely torn down that only then people will start to learn about creative financing and start saying how they should have saved these places. Detroit: a legend in its own mind, two decades behind the times, and soon to be the largest urban farm/parking lot in the world.

It doesn't apply huh, I love how you say I need to be educated on the facts and then don't present any. How are these for facts.

Fact 1. If the Conservancy had enough money, it could have bought the building and land from the DEGC.

Fact 2. If the Conservancy owned the property, the DEGC could not vote to have the property torn down.

Fact 3. All one has to do is look across the street at the train station and see that I'm telling it the way it is.

Fact 4. The Conservancy is not asking for a loan, it is asking several bureaucratic agencies to give them property, land and money for a 33 million dollar project that is designed to not make a profit.

Fact 5. Projects that do not make a profit is not widely considered the best use of tax credits.

Fact 6. I'll say it again, not because I think things should be this way, but because things are this way. MONEY TALKS, BULLSHIT WALKS.

Unfortunately, that is the world we live in. You may not like it, but you need to recognize that.