SWMAP, I've been in the Springwells station twice in the past two weeks and not only did the facility seem to be in decent shape, but I had two different employees and each seemed very helpful. Maybe it's just cuz they know they're on the chopping block. What was so bad about it in your experience? It seems like a busy little place that is an important piece in the Vernor-Springwells community. I've found the facility to not only be in better shape, but the employees to be more friendly there than at the Livernois station [[at Michigan), which is one of those places I try to avoid at all costs. If I have a reason to be in the neighborhood, however, I've received the best postal experiences in Detroit at the Jefferson Station, not too far east Pewabic in a beautiful Art Deco 1939 postal building. Well maintained, friendly staff, beautiful building. I'm glad that station is not on the chopping block this time.

The community meeting for public comment about the closure of the Springwells station is set for Thursday, Sept 29 from 6:00-8:00pm at Paul the Apostle Lutheran Church at 1721 Springwells, for anyone who would like to attend and show their support for this station remaining open.

According to a lengthy article in today's Detroit News, the USPS is also looking at closing the mail sorting facility within the George W. Young main post office, leaving only the retail station and offices in the building. Several other mail processing facilities may also be closed.