For certain DDOT in particular is a mess. I'm temporarily in between cars not and doing DDOT and SMART to navigate Detroit to the burbs. It's crazy. I pay the extra to get on the SMART when I can after waiting for the slower DDOTs. A regional service would help make the riding scheduling be more consistent... perhaps...?
Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
I'm not sure what the problem is but there's clearly a HUGE problem. I was waitning for a bus yesterday @Woodward&Grand Blvd[[in front of the Police precint;I forget precinct #)and heard complaint after complaint from angry riders with various horror stories about DDOT. I got to Woodward&the Blvd at approx. 12:38. I saw 4 DOT buses going southbound.Each of the passing southbound buses had ample room to spare.Not one was crowded and all passangers had seats. A couple of minutes before 1:00pm a northbound DOT pulled up.It was packed from front to back literally. There were so many people on that bus that the driver had boarding passengers pay their fare and enter the bus from the rear!