Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
Well, I can't speak to the caliber of every artist at AB&E or at the Rust Belt Market, or at any of the festivals for that matter. Some are great. Some are good. Some are mediocre. And some are awful. I buy what I enjoy or think someone else will enjoy. But I do enjoy the fact that the artists are there and that they are making a living at what they love doing.

As for the admission fee, I'm happy to pay $3 admission. [[from the AB&E website)"This $3 admission fee supports the festival and community as follows: .25 to Arts Advocacy, .25 to the City of Royal Oak, and 50% of the remaining admission fees to 13 local charities after gating costs."

I won't disagree with the parking fee one bit!! I don't mind paying a reasonable price to park, but $15 is steep. Hence, we ride our bikes, or park just outside the permit perimeter and walk in. It's really not too bad of a walk, comparable to parking and walking to the Riverfront downtown.
And we are "lucky". What about the people from around the region who can't ride their bikes, can't walk from the perimeter, who are hostage to the ridiculous fees? Honestly, I can't do anything about their loud intrusive stupid summer event that happens in my doorstep but to pretend it is anything but a faceless money grab is taking cheerleading too far. Enjoy this cheap happy crap. Defend mediocre ovepriced crap. I wish for better.

As I type I can hear the music loud and clear. My taxes won't be lower, my police department will be smaller, nobody will clean up the debris and the puke, a rain will eventually wash it away.