Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
Too crowded, too expensive. I went yesterday, I really tried but it is a soulless money suck. No personality, nothing that says Detroit or Michigan - maybe it says Royal Oak [[we want your money, get drunk and go home.
I guess I would ask you what appeals to you about a festival like AB&E. I go for the music...lots of Detroit and Michigan musicians are on the schedule, and then there are the national acts that you can see for free! I enjoy trying some different and tasty food from restaurants near and far. And I may buy some wares from the local and national artists and vendors, mostly to give as gifts.

And as I write this, I can say the same thing as to why I go to the Clay & Glass Festival in Royal Oak, the People;s Art Festival, the Detroit Jazz Festival, Noel Night, the Hamtramck Labor Day Festival, the Winter Blast, the Dally in the Alley, as well as those festivals already mentioned that have become defunct. I only spend what I can afford. And if I think the cost of food and drink is too expensive, I don't indulge. It's a simple plan that works for me. As for the crowds, I'm not going to complain. The point of all of these festivals is to draw people in. And the more people that attend, the better entertainment, the better restaurant vendors, and the better artists come into the event each year. Pure and simple. As a Royal Oak resident, I'm glad that there is something to draw people into the city.