Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    My comments stand...because those Nazi-bent are here, they merely learned from their last-century actions and have become a bit more stealth, that is the ONLY difference between the 1930 and today.

Why is there money to install intersection cameras everywhere?

I don't need to go celebrate atrocity in order to fine-tune my sensitivity to evil, everyone else needs to wake the fuck up and look around. The evils of those like the Nazi lie not in what they were eventually able to destroy and kill, but in the slick and sneaky way they were able to not only put in place such a horrible machine...but to convince nearly the entire Germany people that theirs was the only and best game in town.

You want to tell me to study a warped and edited version of history, one that DOESN'T include Operation Paperclip...the action that grabbed as many of the German scientists and intelligence operatives, and placed them in protected environments behind Top Secret clearance...and allowed the current state of affairs in our country. I want everyone to know that those like Nazis are real, and they're NOT the hating skin-heads lurking about in the corners and shadows...they are in positions of power within our own government.

They might not be official Nazi-party affiliates...but if they could be, my bet is they would be.

No cheers on this one,
    John
    You started the thread with talk of the FDA and raw milk. Most of the responses pertained to that topic.
    Now, you are presenting a much more abstract viewpoint, one which looks at a much broader aspect of American Life.
    In a notably left-leaning forum such as this one, you won't find a lot of objection to your assertion that there is a certain Nazi-like mentality at work in various segments of our government & its agencies; you can stand, mostly unassailed, behind those remarks, but most of the responses were directly pertaining to the topic you presented and your opinion on it, so with your above-quoted response, you are avoiding any argument about your own original topic by switching to an abstraction, one with which no one is likely to find great fault and one which nobody was setting out to debate with you.
    But, if you have no defense, or further back-up, of your barely-hinged rant against the FDA and in favor of raw milk-- which, like a sort of Bio-Nazi, can kill you-- that's OK, we can talk about Naziism, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    You started the thread with talk of the FDA and raw milk. Most of the responses pertained to that topic.

Now, you are presenting a much more abstract viewpoint, one which looks at a much broader aspect of American Life.

In a notably left-leaning forum such as this one, you won't find a lot of objection to your assertion that there is a certain Nazi-like mentality at work in various segments of our government & its agencies; you can stand, mostly unassailed, behind those remarks, but most of the responses were directly pertaining to the topic you presented and your opinion on it, so with your above-quoted response, you are avoiding any argument about your own original topic by switching to an abstraction, one with which no one is likely to find great fault and one which nobody was setting out to debate with you.
    But, if you have no defense, or further back-up, of your barely-hinged rant against the FDA and in favor of raw milk-- which, like a sort of Bio-Nazi, can kill you-- that's OK, we can talk about Naziism, now.

I stated that I needed to add nothing to my original comments, which is why they 'stand'. Perhaps I could have been more precise with that comment, but I'm always trying to be trite...I get enough grief for my verbosity.

The abstraction began in the post from Gistok, which you lauded and applauded.

Please make up your mind what you are going to complain about, I was addressing Gistok's over-sensitivity to one of the terms in the very title of the thread.

It appears that you have preferences as to which abstract you will suffer.

Cheers,
    John