Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
Of course you got denied, almost everyone gets denied at the local level. They hope that people won't pursue it.

Yes, people win all the time at the tax tribunal. If you're not experienced with these things, hire a firm that does it every day. Figure it'll cost you around $500. They'll get the professional appraisal that the tribunal is looking for and present your case. Be prepared to wait 2 - 3 years for your 30 minute hearing. Be sure to provide appraisals for the subsequent years between the one you're challenging and when your case comes up because you can get refunds on those years as well, no additional filing fee.

I've done it myself because I'm in the industry, so to speak, but just google and you'll find numerous property tax appeal companies.
I agree a professional appraisal done by a certified appraiser gives them little to dispute. By hiring folks who have been through the process it makes anything much easier. Its a bit like having a mechanic work on your car's brakes. Yeah you could do it yourself, but it would take you 4 times as long and you will make mistakes along the way.