Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
The bleachers were fun. I sat there many times. But you were over 440 feet from home. It was not a great place to watch the game. Plus you were fenced in there and couldn't even get to any other part of the stadium.

Give me the upper deck seats above the dugouts in TS. Those were the best seats in baseball, for a mere $12 in 1999.

I go to a lot of Tigers games, usually over 25 a year. Comerica Park is a nice place to watch the game. Of course it will never been Tiger Stadium, but nothing else ever will be either. My current seats, in the 2nd row above 1st base, are $19 apiece. While farther away from the field than my seats in TS, they are still excellent seats for a good price.
Well, now we're on to the merits of stadium vs. stadium. The upper deck was definitely better, closer. The bleachers weren't much farther than some of the outfield seats at CP, really. And, frankly, the fencing added to the zoo atmosphere.

I think of this: In August of 1974, when they announced Nixon's resignation over the P.A., the crowd stomped its feet and cheered lustily. Would a crowd at CP have cheered Bush's resignation? I do feel they've priced out the working class. They can't all be Reagan democrats...

Anyway, thanks for the memories.