There should be something that brings this past 8 mile...with events at the old Fairgrounds, T-Plex, Historical Museum [[and other spots around the cultural center), all the way down to Hart Plaza...where some major celebration of the city should be held.

Of course, it brings issues...anywhere people congregate, trouble can brew. Heck, riding my bike to the Cruise one year some young idiot with Ford SVT PR threw his shoe at me...so this ranks as the only event where I've been directly accosted!

But...while I never would call myself a fan of Detroit iron...one year with a good client at his car club's party, I spent some of my most enjoyable hours ever watching this spectacle.

Bring on the Dream Cruise...I may not know anyone who's family wasn't brought here by the car industry, other than Skulker and Kathleen, of course. My grandfather was one of Henry Ford's reluctant foremen at the Rouge [[not long after those anti-union abuses, which he abhored), and my daddy was a Controller at Fisher Body-Fleetwood...passing out the paychecks.

Cheers!