Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

I guess this pretty much answers the question:

New Strip Club Sign Law Stopped By Judge

POSTED: Wednesday, July 27, 2011

DETROIT -- A federal judge says Michigan's restrictions on signs promoting sexually oriented businesses is unconstitutional.

Judge John Corbett O'Meara ruled in favor of the Penthouse Club, a Detroit strip club. He says the new law violates the First Amendment because it bans all images on signs.

The law says signs outside an adult business can only display words, numbers and trademarks. The Penthouse Club has a large sign with a woman in a short skirt and skimpy top.

The judge issued a preliminary injunction stopping enforcement of the law, which took effect in March. O'Meara said Tuesday the law illegally singles out sexually oriented businesses only.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28680926/detail.html

Is this the same club in the subject of this thread? They mention a girl in a short dress, same as one of the posters described above. Somebody also posted a link above, but I don't know if it was the same ruling.

I knew O'Meara when I worked at the Federal courthouse and I had the impression he was as fair as any Judge could be.
    Last edited by Meddle; July-27-11 at 02:24 PM.