^^^ This is correct. Very few people I've met even know about the Tunnel Bus or how it works. In fact, I just learned about the Tunnel Bus not too long ago and have already used it. It really is a great service that more people should take advantage of.

Secondly, the economic viability of the Tunnel Bus does not turn completely on ridership numbers. It is more accurately gauged by the amount of economic activity it generates. If the bus carries at least 5 people to Windsor per hour [[which it does), and 3 out of 5 spend money eating, drinking, gambling, or shopping, then Windsor gets an economic benefit. I believe that is the true point of the Tunnel Bus service.

In regards to a ferry, I think far more people would use it than a bus. It would be more visible and people would much prefer that experience than learning the bus routes/schedules. Think of all the tourists and visitors that come to the Riverwalk daily. Probably several hundred with sometimes thousands on weekends. We've also got shore excursions taking place now at the Detroit Port. I think these people would be very inclined to jump on the ferry and head to Windsor for the afternoon and visa-versa.

I would definitely use the ferry, perhaps even 2-4 times per month. People who live in Windsor and work downtown would also use it and visa-versa. Anything that creates more commerce between Detroit and Windsor is great. Also, I think Windsor would be inclined to subsidize the ferry service, as their local economy relies on tourism coming from Detroit. Perhaps they could scale back the Tunnel Bus to just picking up at Mariner's Church or Rosa Park and allocate the leftover funds to operating a ferry service. I am very excited about the prospect of this!