Fair enough BrushStart. But many legendary places have come and gone. It's the cycle of restaurant life in any city. Slow's, while a great spot, is not even close to being legendary in my book, but I guess that's a subjective observation. Before you consider them immortal, think Small Plates. At one time, Small Plates had all the buzz and more that Slow's enjoys now. And let's not forget Frank Taylor. Well, ok, maybe we will forget him. My point is, many places become close to immortal not because they reinvent themselves, but because they continue doing what they do best. Because the public is fickle, one old haunt may become outdated while another is considered cool. And don't judge any restaurant by how successful it "looks" to an outsider. Filling seats and generating buzz is only part of the equation. Making a profit is the ultimate measure of success. That's why so many dives that aren't saddled with enormous overhead can keep chugging along even if they march to a different [[tired, old) drummer.