Usurious money-lenders have been around since time-out-of-mind.

What are you saying, prepare to be pissed at this for YEARS?! LOL!

Last night when we first saw it, with the fenced-off outside tables FULL of folks...I thought it was another new BAR! I got closer and read the sign, Bail Bonds, and immediately thought, "what a strange name for a bar, but I've seen worse."

It wasn't until we walked back by that I realized it was actually just the grand opening party of a real bail bonds operation, the Notary Public sign in the front window gave it away. Not too many bars advertising Notaries...although I'm sure Gnome is going to tell me Tom's Tavern has two.

THAT is when it struck me how absolutely stupid it was to have this sort of business on the main drag...with basically no easy and free parking. Hell, the ONLY bail business I've even SEEN in town is that one joint kitty-corner from 1300, across from the Harbor House...and that only because when we step outside to smoke during gigs there, it is right in front of us. The buzz was always a bit better, for some reason, looking upon their sign and then to the Police Station...cannot explain it.

I'm standing on my first guess, since this IS Detroit...that they will largely operate as a blind pig and keep this Grand Opening party going at least all summer. Kick start their cashflow. I'm sure it will be good for their business, maybe they can offer free after-hours reloads to those thugs shooting up Larned and Congress and Broadway.

Cheers