Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

One of my favorite quotes from a great American Church leader, which still holds true today:

"The trouble with us [the Church] in the past has been that we were too often allied or drawn into an alliance with the wrong side. Selfish employers of labor have flattered the Church by calling it the great conservative force, and then called upon it to act as a police force while they paid but a pittance of wage to those who work for them. I hope that day has gone by. Our place is beside the workingman. They are our people, they build our churches, our priests come from their sons." —George Cardinal Mundelein of Chicago, 1938

The Church supports trade unions, which is why I loathe GOP Catholics. I am a proud "liberal Catholic". The GOP is not pro-life, they are pro-birth. We must make sure that every baby born is raised healthy and given a proper education, something the GOP doesn't care much for, i.e. let's slash Medicaid and destroy the Dept. of Education.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; June-13-11 at 07:55 PM.