Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
That's actually a good idea. After all, Eastern Market used to be in Cadillac Square, right? And they moved it because downtown was too congested for that use anymore. So since downtown isn't so congested ...
Thanks... wish I could say, "That's why they pay me the big bucks..." But, really, EM is soooo crowded these days that another market would help alleviate some of the congestion and stress of shopping there. With every "Kurt & Sue" from the 'burbs coming down to EM on Saturdays, it gets a little annoying. I welcome them with open arms, but I don't think the people with fanny packs and cameras understand that, for people in city, EM is our grocery store. I'll be trying to get all my shopping done in under an hour and folks are leisurely strolling around, drinking coffees and stopping to take pictures in front of the cucumber stand. I don't mind that people want to come down to EM just for the experience and to buy a bag of pistachios, but honestly, the congestion at EM has hit critical mass. I'd love an open-air market downtown to avoid all of that.