Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Not to be off topic, but GM seems to be in a better position than Chrysler, but could still be de - listed from the Dow Industrials. I hope the politicos that sponsored this mess, enjoy their retirement.

BigB, I believe both companies will get loans, but it will be at a cost. GM is going to wind up shedding a few divisions. The Fiat deal may be Chrysler's last saving grace. I doubt the Obama administration wants either one to go into Chaper 11; the real vocal proponents of that route are the senators of Redneck Nation.

As far as the stock goes...chances are the majority of shareholders would lose their investment & then some should it get delisted or file for bankruptcy. When it was hovering around $10, I was very tempted to buy in. Seriously, who would've though the mighty General would drop below $3? Fact is stranger than fiction.

ccbatson Guest

Not bad, and the picture looks like it is rigged to be the next SRT8....Could it be?

From the 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee article:
    "Ryan, another established source wrote, “I can tell you a few things that are certain. Jeep will be moving the Grand Cherokee to the North Jefferson plant, along with the Durango. Both vehicles are already done being designed, and production starts in the spring I believe [this may indicate the Grand Cherokee will be a 2010 model]. Both vehicles will be quite different than what they are now. The Aspen will be kicked because for some reason, people still like Escalades better.” He agreed on the Phoenix, put in the new Hemi at 380 hp, and suggested an SRT model."

On the 300C article, the rumor is they're expecting to eventually use the 392cid [[6.4L) Hemi engine. Currently you can get that as a crate motor; in the 50s & 60s, drag racers used them before the the advent of the 426.

If they can manage to stay afloat it seems some pretty wicked stuff is coming down the pike. And if the merger with Fiat goes well...maybe even some decent small cars that will sell.

ccbatson Guest

380 for the base V8 hemi?? I hope it isn't vaporware.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    380 for the base V8 hemi?? I hope it isn't vaporware.
    The current 6.1L Hemi which powers the SRT models puts out 425HP. I'm led to believe they're referring to the 5.7L which is currently the base Hemi & puts out roughly 370+HP.
    If they're actually planning to use the 392cid[[6.4L), the crate motor version pushes around 525HP. For street use it would have to be detuned to make it feasible for a daily driver. How much the MDS would actually aid in MPG on something like that is probably left to some engineer in a backroom somewhere.
    A link to Mopar Crate Motors: http://www.mopartsracing.com/parts/blocks.html
    Last edited by MoparDan; April-04-09 at 12:02 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Detuned from 525 comes to?? The 6.1 is already 425 [[as you point out).

I thought the current 5.7 was more like 330-340hp.