Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
It sort of reminds me of "Papal Infallability"... which only dates to 1878. When the Pope lost all of the Papal states of central Italy to the newly formed country of Italy [[taking all but the Vatican)... the Pope suddenly announced the premise of Papal Infallability.... that all the pronouncements [[or was that only Papal Bulls?) suddenly became the absolute word of God.
Well no, Papal infallibility and the use of it has been around for centuries and has, according the RCC, scriptual support. It was defined dogmatically [[I know, big words!) in 1870, solidifying what it is and when it is to be used.

But alas, sorry lizaanne, the Catholic Church is just like the USA. There's so many opinions about different subjects, which doesn't make either of us right or wrong and doesn't get us into trouble, more or less, something I love about being Catholic. It's not black and white, there's tons of grey.

Me wishing priests could marry does not make me a candidate for ex-communication. Neither does the nun at my alma mater high school saying she wishes she could do Mass.