They probably could have taken that same amount of time and money in that thought process and added another officer in the streets.If those within the city started knocking off the little I wanna protect my budget spats and actually worked together for what is right for the city and its taxpayers it may just be able to get somewhere.

It is crazy to talk to 5 different people within city hall and receive no answers,not even a let me do some research on that and get back to you with an answer.That is 5 people that do not need a job representing the citizens let alone care about their fellow neighbors.Take their salary and add more officers.

Detroit is at that weird tipping point where the balance of those residents who really do not care verses those who do is at a point where she needs strong leadership that is willing to clean house and do what it takes to get her over that hump.

So if Detroit adds Hamtramck for instance what is she really gaining,H all ready is streamlined in the ratios of service demand for its residents,there is no gain other then adding census numbers or padding the books so to speak.Fix the problem instead of looking for ways to throw more money at it. If your boat has a hole in it do you spend more money on a bigger bilge pump or do you fix the hole?