I am glad this was posted, I myself am going through the deal with my Mom having open heart surgery about 3weeks ago. I have seen myself how she is trying to deal with this ordeal. I myself would most likely move back in with them, WHICH I get from my Mom would be like pulling teeth. We are both like old mules.My Mom has taken care of my father, my Grandparents and kept my 85yr old StepDad in check.As I myself get older I can see why older folks like one story houses.My parents live in a two story and it is almost like when my Grandmother moved in.There is also the hidden question which I myself can hear in the distance "Is Reddog doing enuff for his folks?". Dealing with one elderly parent is a chore, well two the more the merrier. I myself can say this. My 85 yr old Dad is doing better then I expected through this, and for the most part he has stopped relying on my Mom. Which in a way makes her mad cause she doesn't have to do everything now and things are still ok.Good luck Lodger and how all goes well.