Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Augustiner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    I have done this, but sometimes it is out of the way and not practical, or it takes me through a seedy area. I am definitely willing to take side streets when it makes sense, but not when it takes me too far off course or when it might be a risky area. A good example is Cass, which has far less traffic than Woodward. I've actually walked Cass from downtown to the WSU area before in the early evening, but I do not want to make a habit of riding my bike through the shit part of that area several nights a week, especially when I might be in Midtown until after dark. I'd rather just take Woodward.
    Well, I guess you can either deal with the seediness, deal with the extra traffic, or invest in a bus pass for nighttime excursions. If you really want to bike on the sidewalk on Woodward at night, I guess I can't stop you, but it doesn't strike me as a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustiner View Post
    Well, I guess you can either deal with the seediness, deal with the extra traffic, or invest in a bus pass for nighttime excursions. If you really want to bike on the sidewalk on Woodward at night, I guess I can't stop you, but it doesn't strike me as a very good idea.
    Fair enough. I hope I'm not coming off as a whiny complainer. Really, if the city simply made the right lane of the major streets in and around downtown into dedicated bus/bike lanes, there would be no problem.

Augustiner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Fair enough. I hope I'm not coming off as a whiny complainer. Really, if the city simply made the right lane of the major streets in and around downtown into dedicated bus/bike lanes, there would be no problem.
    I can get behind that.